Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Land of Could Be


     I bought a set of oracle cards.  I've never worked with them before, but I'm usually up for something otherworldly.  I am, because I don't know.  I have questions, some of which have to do with interconnections with forms of reality.  I like to think I know something of reality, but I admit I am uncertain.  I try to be open to different ways of learning and being.  i try to live in the land of Could Be.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  It's not the most comfortable of lands in which to live.  Uncertainty is something I do not like at all.  But, on those days when I have my solid self (more days than not, thankfully), I dabble in trying to understand the land of Could Be.  It's not the land of possibilities in the sense of life is hell here, so there must be, might be, could be something better.  It is the land of not knowing and of seeing a spectrum of possibilities...the land of Could Be.
   Occasionally I'll ask a question and read the Oracle Card.  My question of today, not too tightly formulated, had to do with where my life is leading.  The card meandered in generalities for several paragraphs and ended with an idea that I velcroed.  Basically the notion is that I  do not find success in an end, but in a journey.  Likely why I go on so many of them.  Not necessarily physical journeys in travel, but relationship journeys, inner journeys.  And yes, I enjoy them, therefore finding success in process over product.
   I thought about this idea in relationship to my writing.  I am finishing revising a book and will soon be in the end, the now-what phase.  What will I do with it now?  Uncertain.  I have been satisfied in the process of revision, but this new phase leads to competition, and this is not my area of expertise.  I can perhaps think of it as a new journey, but, that will be a topic for another day.
   Oracle cards are an interesting form of connection.  With what, with whom, this I don't know.  But I do think there is something to being open to this type of connection.  To me it heralds the universe and its connection to the beings within it, whomever we are.  One day more will be known, more will be clear.  This may occur sooner than later by viewing success as process, not product.  By being open to the land of Could Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment